Curious as to what these are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429930866.856629.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429930887.273701.jpg

The second photo the other guy is hard to see. Originally I only saw whatever the blackish thing but it seemed dead but has gotten bigger since being in the tank and then the anemone like thing sprouted about a week after having the live rock in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to see, but looks like aiptasia, a pest anemone that reproduce quickly and can sting fish and corals. Products like aiptasia-x as well as injecting it with boiling water or lemon juice will solve the issue.

Can't tell from that shot, but if oyur stating it looks like a small Anemone, then its either a Mojano or an Aiptasia, and you need to kill it.
Joes Juice injection
Lemon Juice Injection
Nubibranch
Aiptasia X Injection
Matted Filefish
Copperband Butterflyfish
Peppermint Shrimp (true peppermint shrimp, not camel shrimp)

I will do that. Any idea on what the more blackish thing to the right is? I haven't the slightest clue of what it could be.

Do not buy a copper banded butterfly to eat a stray aptasia or two. The odds are tipped way in the favor of it starving to death in your tank. Of the thousands collected, very few make it in closed systems. Simply kill them with one of the chemical means (though I don't even see an aptasia anemone. I just see a tunicate, which is harmless).

It's really hard to see in either photo but there in a small anemone like thing further to the left of the turnicate.

All the way to the left of in the hole? Yes, aptasia is a strong possibility. Try aptasia-x. It seems to work pretty well.

Sounds good. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom