Current USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have two Marineland Doublebright LEDs on my tank. They're great and all, but I am a little bored with just the white or blue options. I decided to order two of the 36-48" Current USA Satellite LED Plus.

Anyone have these or any reviews? Everything on Amazon seemed like positive reviews, I love all the functions and the wireless remote it comes with. I'm a little concerned about my plants with them though, luckily I only have some red rubins and then two different types of Anubias so hopefully they'll be fine. The tank is 72x18x28.

If you have experience with these lights do you think I'll be fine with the two 36"?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tank is 28" tall?? I run 2 on my 30 long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Utterly useless at that hieght mate.

I wouldn't say useless. It's not an intense light, and you won't get decent front to back coverage at all. I have one on my 120 and it's OK for it's purpose, I just had to plant accordingly. I wouldn't try any remotely challenging plants, or even stems for that matter. I don't think I'll be doing swords in my tank either. I have a single 30w LED floodlight as an accent that is helping it a bit, and I intend to get 2 more. At that point I may end up adding a little more challenging plants.

It's a 150. Hmm, currently I only have Anubias nana, Anubias congensis, and two red Rubin swords in there. They all seem to be doing okay with the marineland LEDs. Oh well, if they don't work out it's an excuse to get another tank.

Recently got my lights last month, I think you should have got the longer ones they so many more LEDs. Maybe you can exchange them up. Were you thinking of having them end to end or parallel?

I have the 36-48" on my 72G tank which is 48" it was from a friend so I didn't have to pay too much. So 36" of light plus arms.

But I do wish it was the longer one. So I am getting the sat strip to add to it which is 44" and I also have the single bulb on top at the moment. May end up using it on a different tank.

Haven't mastered the remote but I really like all the variables for lighting. And I bumped the remote into the tank water for just a second and it was fine :eek:

He has bolted at them a few times but has never made contact or done any damage. They don't seem to be scared of him, he's been with them for a few weeks now. I'm going to move them if he gets aggressive at all.

Recently got my lights last month, I think you should have got the longer ones they so many more LEDs. Maybe you can exchange them up. Were you thinking of having them end to end or parallel?

I have the 36-48" on my 72G tank which is 48" it was from a friend so I didn't have to pay too much. So 36" of light plus arms.

But I do wish it was the longer one. So I am getting the sat strip to add to it which is 44" and I also have the single bulb on top at the moment. May end up using it on a different tank.

Haven't mastered the remote but I really like all the variables for lighting. And I bumped the remote into the tank water for just a second and it was fine :eek:

I was going to end to end, spanning the length of the aquarium. Currently I have two of the 36" Marineland Doublebrights across the entire length and they light it up well, though they're actually a little too bright for my taste and I just want to have more control over what the lights look like rather than just white and blue.

Jeta.. tank looks awesome.. that puffer is wilD.. my sat is set to purple.. great rendition... in reccomend the new..improved.. sat plus pro if you've got the dough.. finnex planted plus would be good low light as well

I was going to end to end, spanning the length of the aquarium. Currently I have two of the 36" Marineland Doublebrights across the entire length and they light it up well, though they're actually a little too bright for my taste and I just want to have more control over what the lights look like rather than just white and blue.

You will LOVE the remote controller!!! I mean LOVE it. The options are endless.

My fish hated it at first lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I pushed the button for the storm by accident the first day and almost caused one fish, my Pearl Gourami to nose dive into the glass. Now they just barely seem to notice.

If you lose the remote, will this be a problem? Not sure if the fixture has a manual ON/OFF button.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I pushed the button for the storm by accident the first day and almost caused one fish, my Pearl Gourami to nose dive into the glass. Now they just barely seem to notice.

Lol I was hitting all of the buttons.

If you lose the remote, will this be a problem? Not sure if the fixture has a manual ON/OFF button.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It would be a big problem, no switch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom