Cutting Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingman-Goose

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell if you can cut grass type plants in at the top of the leaf / blade to trim it without killing it!

Mine is taking over the top of the tank but don't want to destroy the plant if I trim it!

It's the plant in the middle in the picture.

image-3472974839.jpg

Yeah just cut the tops of the vals, trim to the height you want. I have to give mine a haircut every week to stop them blocking the light. If they are growing well now then once you trim it won't take them long to grow back.

Wingman-Goose said:
Can anyone tell if you can cut grass type plants in at the top of the leaf / blade to trim it without killing it!

Mine is taking over the top of the tank but don't want to destroy the plant if I trim it!

It's the plant in the middle in the picture.

What species of fish are those? Very pretty, so colorful, when I first looked at the pic, they didn't look real:)

Tetra1990 said:
What species of fish are those? Very pretty, so colorful, when I first looked at the pic, they didn't look real:)

They're discus. Awesome, and very expensive fish :)

I would probably trim it as close to the base as you can. The remainder will probably slowly die anyways.

Thanks for the help and comments! I have taken the tips of a few and will see what happens with them!

The fish are discus which have been in for a couple of weeks!

I have a couple more pictures:

image-1092080919.jpg

image-1354055497.jpg

The bottom one is before the discus and when everything had first been set up!

Back
Top Bottom