cyano still a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i posted about my cyano problems before and had a go at fixing it i also have a diatom bloom but that was expected my tank is cycled and has 3 fish i tested my water just then and my results are as follows

amm. .25
nitrAte 20
nitrIte 0
calcium 420
KH 143.2
phos .5

here are some pics of what im facing :/ also i got a t5ho set up over one side of my tank as my duncan is there its the side thats mainly affected here are pics

ForumRunner_20131009_180716.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_180726.jpg

What kind of water are you using? And if it is rodi have you tested the TDS. Been having a similar problem and tested my rodi and it came out at 52ppm, waiting on new filters and resin and then suck out all I can and then a few large water changes

Cyano is a nutrient issue. It might be coming from the ro/di. Just keep feeding minimal and keep up with weekly water changes.
Also, I'd be concerned about that .25 ammonia reading you posted. You shouldn't be able to detect any ammonia or nitrite in a cycled tank.

I just had the same problem to a t I was using tap water so I broke down about a month ago and bought a portable ro/di 100 gpd off of eBay for 70 bucks and cut back on my feeding and everything disappeared but a couple spots of green algae on my sand that was less than two weeks ago

Also, water flow. You need to have enough flow to keep the organics from settling. Maybe try moving the power heads or adding another to that area.

Back
Top Bottom