Cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had my tank up for over a year now its a 110 DT with a 55 sump that seems to have a cyano problem expessially in the sump and on the sand bed in the display tank, im moving the tank so ima be gettin all new sand and rock shortly, any ideas why i have cyano or how to get rid of it? Running gfo, skimmer, and refugium

I too have a little cyano but seems to be dispersing now many things can contribute to getting it eg too much light too low flow and over feeding are the main causes your test kits may read nitrate and phosphate at very low levels but only because the bacteria is absorbing it for food try removing and testing the water 24hrs later. I reduced my lighting to 6-7hrs a day and did two 10% water changes a week and it seems to be dieing off also increased my flow as this does not allow it to settle and spread it's a tricky one and some methods work better for others you can get chemicals for it like chemiclean but would suggest removing naturally if poss. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom