Cycle almost complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jschimm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, my new 90 gal freshwater tank is getting close to cycled. I'm turning 4ppm ammo in less than 12 hours. I went though the nitrate spikes, and are now coming in around .25 while nitrates are between 20-40. I did a 75% change with Prime added last night, dosed ammo to around 2ppm. NO2 and NO3 are about the same as above this afternoon. PH is around 6.8. I'm going to do another water change, probably about the same amount tonight. My plan, once all is done, is start with 4-5 Angles, 5-6 False Julii Coreys, and some Hatchets for the top. My question is, which fish should I start with? I have read it's not a great idea to get a bunch of different kinds all at once, to give them a chance to acclimate and get there territories. Curious if I should start with the Angels. I'll check with the LFS as well. Thought are appreciated. Thanks!

It also a good idea to not stock all of them at once because your BB is used to a certain amount of waste, if you add them all at once, your BB might not be able to catch up, ending up in another mini cycle! :)

Im not 100% but I would add the angels first, then the cory's, and then the hatchets. Cant wait for pics!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I want to add enough fish to feed enough ammo for the BB without overloading it all at once. I was thinking adding in Angels first. Thanks for the reply. I'll post some pics sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom