Cycle test results help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've read many things and everything seems to have a different answer! I'm cycling my 10gl QT (I bought my DT when it had been up & running for 8-9 months so haven't been through a cycle!) I'm wondering what the levels should get up to for it to be considered a "good" cycle.

Last week ammonia reached 4.0 (at its highest I've seen) now it's down to 2.0

Last week nitrites stayed at .25 (lady weekend crept to .50) today they finally climbed to 2.0

Last week nitrates stayed at 0 today they are somewhere between 10-20 (sorry I can't find myself to say 10 or 20 because the color is in between somewhere :) )

Is this a big enough cycle?

Cycle is complete once the ammonia & nitrites drop to 0.

What are you using as your ammonia source?

Phranque said:
Cycle is complete once the ammonia & nitrites drop to 0.

What are you using as your ammonia source?

Some squid, but I can see its slowly disappearing (over the past 2 1/2 weeks). My main concern is if I had a big enough cycle? I'm not sure what levels should get how high.

I have read that while your cycling your ammonia should get to / or be at around 4 ppm . Not really sure about nitrite but was your ammo. And nitrite reach 0 your good to go . Just be careful and don't add that many fish in at once or you can start up another mini cycle.

Rnl said:
I have read that while your cycling your ammonia should get to / or be at around 4 ppm . Not really sure about nitrite but was your ammo. And nitrite reach 0 your good to go . Just be careful and don't add that many fish in at once or you can start up another mini cycle.

Great! I hit 4 ppm already! It's going down now. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom