Cycling a planted tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Soo its been one week since I set up my tank. I tested my water today(week2) and I got the result of
Ammonia 0.25/0.50(light green)
Nitrite 5.0(purple)
Nitrate 0(yellow)

Is this fine for 1 week? I didn't use any ammonia. Just have like 4 MTS in the tank...
Pic: http://imgur.com/wrG4QxM

It will just be less predictable and probably take a bit longer without a dedicated ammonia source.

Since you have ammonia that's being converted to nitrite, I'm assuming you're adding something to the tank. Fish food maybe? Or does your tap water already have a little ammonia present in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It will just be less predictable and probably take a bit longer without a dedicated ammonia source.

Since you have ammonia that's being converted to nitrite, I'm assuming you're adding something to the tank. Fish food maybe? Or does your tap water already have a little ammonia present in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't really add much prob just 3 flakes If I recall last week
but other than that I just set everything up and let it do its own thing
:(

Well... keep on keeping an eye on things. Ammonia has to make its way in there somehow, but it doesnt appear out of thin air. I doubt a few flakes of fish food is enough. Maybe your tap water already has some in it.

Good luck

Well... keep on keeping an eye on things. Ammonia has to make its way in there somehow, but it doesnt appear out of thin air. I doubt a few flakes of fish food is enough. Maybe your tap water already has some in it.

Good luck

odd... I used water conditioner on the tap water before adding it into the tank tho..

Back
Top Bottom