Cycling and STILL nothing happening!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did see some skunk loach at the lfs, but decided to get the striata. I would like some skunk loach, but i'm a bit nervous to get them due to their aggressiveness, http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/botia_morleti.html - on this page in particular, most peoples accounts of their behaviour are quite bad, saying they are always invading other fishes caves, and even killing another loach!
I would happily get some if i knew they wouldn't go killing everything else! I suppose they need to be in a minimum group size of 3?

BTW - this morning when i went to see my tank i was quite pleased and amazed to see that my two little oto's had eaten pretty much all of the brown algae in my tank!! And thats quite a lot of algae.

They do better in groups of 3 or more. I highly doubt they will kill other loaches, or other fish. Yes, they are a little on the aggressive side, and I've got 10 loaches alltogether, and they are doing great. My 3 skunks chase each other more than the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom