Cycling question :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello..here i go again with new thread :s Im the one with a 15 gallon tank and i did a stupid mistake and i put a damsel to start cycling from 3 weeks ago i did a test yesterday and this is my results: nitrite and nitrate 0 ph 7.5 but i did a test before putting my fish and my result was nitrat 10 ph test 8.5 nitrit test 0.0 i didn't get the ammonia test yet im going to get it today so im little confused here

I am also confused by your tests! You couldn't possibly have a reduced nitrate reading without a water change so something's a miss there. To have your ph swing from 7.5 to 8.3 is huge - you want that to be stable (8.0-8.2) what's you tank set up look like, what were you using to cycle the tank?

Well before putting the damsel fish i did a test and the results was nitrat 10, ph test 8.5, nitrit test 0.0 and i then i went to the pet store and he told me to put a damsel fish and that's was my mistake so i did put it and wait for a 3 weeks and do a test again and my results are nitrite 0 and nitrate 0 and ph 7.5 o_O so that's why im confused and my setup is little skimmer and a heater and a wave maker and a filter my system is FOWLR

My question is here i don't know if my cycle is completed or no :S

The only way to tell is if you have previously tested high ammonia , then nitrites , then nitrates .
The way to know for sure before adding live stock is to add a raw shrimp and if your ammonia levels are 0 ppm in 24 hrs your good to go ,
If not you have more time to wait

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom