cycling with plants in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakeras

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. I, being the impaitent teenager I am, want to buy plants, namley java ferns and anubias, while my tank is still cycling. Would I be able to do that without killing the plants, or without messing up the cycle?

Hey everyone. I, being the impaitent teenager I am, want to buy plants, namley java ferns and anubias, while my tank is still cycling. Would I be able to do that without killing the plants, or without messing up the cycle?

That's completely fine. If you have enough you can go through a "silent" cycle. Where you cycle your tank with keeping your numbers low

I have two tanks - one planted and one full of plastic neon tat. (I've a 4 year old, don't judge me!) The planted one cycled so much faster than the other! I'm talking 2-3 weeks before the plastic caught up. Now I've had to re-cycle the tanks after a chlorine contamination issue and I'm still waiting on the plastic catching up 2 weeks after the planted settled.

The experienced guys can probably tell you the science behind it but I'm shoving plants into neon fish hell to try to speed things up!

Good luck and enjoy your new tank :)

Plants actually help your cycle along, so add all the plants you want :)

Back
Top Bottom