Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I just got home. Obviously you don't want the filter pad to go dry but yeah, the more water you change the better. You can test immediately after since it's all new water and as long as you use dechlorinator it will be safe right away.

Sorry, I just got home. Obviously you don't want the filter pad to go dry but yeah, the more water you change the better. You can test immediately after since it's all new water and as long as you use dechlorinator it will be safe right away.

I did not do anything to it until now...I am doing 100% wc and will redose to 1-2 to see if anything different happens overnight if not I just maybe doing a fish in

Hi guys I also been cycling fishless since October 11. Ammonia is 5/6.0, ph 7.6 , high7.4, and nitrites up to 8.0. Do I do a water change now. This is my first time doing this and read a few articles but if somebody can give me first hand advice that would be awesome. 90gallon planted tank. Temp 81 degrees also whenever I test ph its always 7.6 doesn't go up or down. I'm trying to get it a little lower with seachems buffers but nada.

Hi guys I also been cycling fishless since October 11. Ammonia is 5/6.0, ph 7.6 , high7.4, and nitrites up to 8.0. Do I do a water change now. This is my first time doing this and read a few articles but if somebody can give me first hand advice that would be awesome. 90gallon planted tank. Temp 81 degrees also whenever I test ph its always 7.6 doesn't go up or down. I'm trying to get it a little lower with seachems buffers but nada.

I wish I could be of some help but as you can see I am stuck in this extremely high nitrite stage (taking multiple PWC or 100% wc just to become readable) and my Ph is consistent at 7.4, ammo is gobbled up by the nitrites, and I do have nitrates showing on test....so maybe this wc and turning the heat down a degree will be the one that makes it all shift postively for me. fingers crossed

Illetrop, I wouldn't do anything right now. I would just wait for now. When the ammonia is gone or down to 1 and if the nitrite is still not gone then I would do a water change.

hey thanks and good luck,, i got into this thinking its not that complicated, starting to question my self lol

thanks

geronica thanks and good luck, laser, thanks, i figured that much so the ammonia is supposed to lower on its own then right? and for ph im trying to lower it but its not budging, its at 7.6, any idea on what i should do since i shouldnt water change yet? i mean 7.6 isnt that high.

Well this is what I thought about doing and I carried through with it. I figured since we test our WATER for ammo, trites, and trates and I was scheduled to do a weekly PWC on my 55g cycled tank today, I thought, hmmmm, my 40B need a push with the trates to get those trites to 0. I had already placed established filter media in filter 2 weeks ago and placed another one in the tank 1 week now....... I asked myself, why throw away those trates I need them....so I did drain half the 40B out and then refilled it back with the cycled 55g. I did test the 55g water B4 doing so and parameters were good. I waited a little over an hour to test and now my trites are definitely 0, trates are 5.0, and ammo is .25 which my source has .50 ammo in it (I do use prime). oh and almost forgot to mention I took the carbon out of my filter too...So what does everyone think about this?

Back
Top Bottom