Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzareKid

Aquarium Advice Regular
Since I'm just beginning, I added starter bacteria because I was impatient and I wanted to add fish right away. Is that the same as cycling my tank? Or will I have to cycle it? I just don't want to make any mistakes.

Though starter bacteria does help, I would suggest that you continue with the same water changes that you would if you hadn't added it...

Are there any fish in your tank at the moment?

1 neon blue dwarf gourami
1 opaline gourami

And I should just continue the water changes?

You will need to be testing the water frequently to make sure the ammonia or nitrites do not get too high if they do you will need to do water changes to lower them

Yes! Always with the water changes lol. You will have to keep doing them regularly until your water parameters level out, then usually once a week is fine as long as you keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrates.

Since I'm just beginning, I added starter bacteria because I was impatient and I wanted to add fish right away. Is that the same as cycling my tank? Or will I have to cycle it? I just don't want to make any mistakes.

Technically, no it is not cycled. It is very debatable whether or not bacteria in a bottle actually works.

You can use it because it may help speed up the cycle, and it shouldnt hurt anything. (besides your wallet).

Have you read the guides in this forum? theyre at the top under "stickies".

Back
Top Bottom