Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griff5499

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. Have had my tank 36gal up and running for two weeks. I am using a API master test kit. I have fish in the tank before I found out about cycling. All the fish are doing well. My PH is 7.8, ammonia .50=1.0 doing pwc every day. Nitrites=0, Nitrates=0. Is everything going OK at this stage? Thanks for your help.

Yes its all fine. Keep up with the daily water changes. The cycle will take a bit longer because its a fish in cycle with daily water changes. You should be seeing nitrites soon but don't rush it. This will take some time so be paitent!

Yes, I just did another pwc and now my ammonia is at .25. Progress at last! Thanks for your input.

.25 is a good range for a fish in cycle! Don't get discouraged because fish in cycles take a long time occasionally if your doing it the right way! Hang in there though, the outcome is great!

I'm not sure if you have seen these but they are great write ups to keep things going smoothly!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154837

Back
Top Bottom