cyno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will help, best to find out why you have cyno in the first place otherwise it will just keep returning. What size tank, what/how many fish, how often and how much do you feed?

Just a quick it, For me it wasn't all due to over feeling. Make sure you switch out your filter socks every few days. Also Make sure your using good RO Water.

I was over feeding them. I fed them every day now every 2 days, 28g Nano cube, 3 fish, 5 blue leg crabs, 2 snails, 1 cleaner shrimp, and 1 peppermint shrimp. Up and running 10 months first big issue.

I have a 29 biocube with 2 clowns, a royal gramma, and a six line. I feed the tank twice a day with NLS pellets and I haven't gotten anything like that. How often do you do water changes? How's the water coming from your rodi? How long do you leave your lights on?

I do have some cyno in the fuge, but that's only because I leave the light on all day. It never reaches the DT though. I clean it out once a month when I harvest the cheato and I've never had a problem.

I beat my cyano by doing a 10% water change every day for a week and it cleared up and never came back. Good luck with it, its nasty stuff.

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Everyone gets it at one time or another for whatever reason (always excessive nutrients), and it's fairly easy to eradicate. Water changes, vacuuming out what I could with each change would be my first line of defense.
The short answer is lower nutrient import (feeding and adding an abundance of elements) and increasing nutrient export (skimming, water changes ).

Back
Top Bottom