Cyst on my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gigi D

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I have had my male betta for about 2 years now. He is by himself in a 5.5 gallon heated and filtered tank. He has pool sand as his substrate, a castle to sleep in and a live sword plant. I have noticed a small cyst looking type of bump on his right side. At first I thought it was constipation but, since it hasn't gone away after fasting him for a couple of days... I suspect it may be something else. He has an appetite and is swimming normal though. I will be checking the water parameters in a few days. I have to be honest and say that I was neglectful in changing his water consistently for about 2 months. I changed 60% 6 days ago and will be doing 50% today. He has had the bump on his side for about 3 weeks or so. I have read if it's a tumor there isn't anything that can be done. My question is... if it's a cyst, is there any way to treat it or should I just leave it alone?

Hi, is the cyst still there? It depends on cause. A tumor or viral - not worth treating. A bacterial/parasite 'pimple' - you could try salt.

Back
Top Bottom