"Dance of the Fireflies" - [4 gal]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rastaman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Dimensions: 38x19x22cm 15 l (4 gallons)- Optiwhite
Lighting: Chihiros A-Series 21W
Filtration: Eheim 2211 (sponge, ceramic rings, Purigen)
CO2: 3kg cylinder, Inline atomizer, 1 bps
Heating/cooling: DIY inline with Jager 25W / aFan pro
Substrate: JBL Manado
Hardscape: Redmoor wood, lava rocks
Fertilization: PPS pro, Easy carbo
Water parameters: Temp. 24'C, pH 6.7, KH 5, GH 8
Plants: Cryptocoryne tokinensis, Cryptocoryne parva 'Mini', Bucephalandra sp. 'Cherry', Bolbitis sp. 'Mini Guinea 2002', Microsorum sp. 'Dwarf narrow leaf', Eleocharis acicularis,, Fissidens fox, Fissidens Grandifrons var. Planiccaulis, Fissidens sp. 'Brasil', Phyllanthus fluitans, Bolbitis heteroclita 'Difformis', Riccardia chamedryfolia, Crepidomanes Sp. Calicut.
Fish/shrimps: Boraras brigittae, Neocaridina heteropoda var. "Yellow", Leopard ramshorn snails

15p.jpg

This is gorgeous, wish I can get mine looking like that

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shut the front door!!!thats a 4 gallon !!!!!! ??. Niccccccccce

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wowsa! That is amazing! I'm swimming in total admiration of your skills. Maybe one day I will reach that level. I just got started with this hobby but I'm learning fast. Best wishes! And post more pics!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fantastic. Really breathtaking. It really hits home how generous you can afford to be and have to be with co2 injection.

1bps co2 in a 4 gallon tank. There are people (such as myself) that are delivering only 3x this amount in a tank 10x the size wondering why they are getting algae and poor plant growth.

Out of curiosity, with your KH and starting pH already fairly low, what does your pH read at the height of co2 injection?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

"Dance of the Fireflies" - [4 gal]

Shut the front door!!!thats a 4 gallon !!!!!! ??. Niccccccccce

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This....

Dude... Rasta... Man your work is pretty awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all! :)

Fantastic. Really breathtaking. It really hits home how generous you can afford to be and have to be with co2 injection.

1bps co2 in a 4 gallon tank. There are people (such as myself) that are delivering only 3x this amount in a tank 10x the size wondering why they are getting algae and poor plant growth.

Out of curiosity, with your KH and starting pH already fairly low, what does your pH read at the height of co2 injection?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

With this CO2 rate i have about 30ppm of dissolved CO2. I know this not only by DC reading but when i get water from it and let it sit for 24h I have reading pH 7.7 ;)

Thanks all! :)

With this CO2 rate i have about 30ppm of dissolved CO2. I know this not only by DC reading but when i get water from it and let it sit for 24h I have reading pH 7.7 ;)

Ah I see what you mean. I thought the ph stated above was tap water for some reason. I don't use a drop checker. Just my pH pen. How often do you calibrate your pen.

Even so. 1bps in a 4 gallon tank to achieve 30ppm. People take note! [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom