Daniels 55g to 125g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah exactly. Then they see the mouth on it and ask, Does it eat? And you go. Yep, Watch this.. *Gives anemone abit of mussle/white bait* and there jaw drops.

Haha, Its funny when people see it eat..

Haha yeah.

Now, I can either get a flame angel or a potters angel tomorrow. I know its hit or miss with the corals but i love dawf angels.
I think i may go the Potters, But not sure..

What do you guys think?

They are hit or miss. Like 6 line wrasse. Angels are risky. You never know if it will be reef safe. And if its not, like Thominil said, you have a real bad time getting it out. I have heard of people having them for a year or two and then all the sudden they start nipping and eating coral. My LFS has a tank full of "reef safe" angels and wrasses that have been returned and are no longer considered reef safe.

Yeah, I think i'd like to take the chance. Such a good looking fish is worth the risk, It'd only eat small poylps which i only have one small colony.
Ah well, We'll see how it goes.

Such a good looking fish is worth the risk, It'd only eat small poylps which i only have one small colony.

I don't know if i would bank on that. I have heard of them turning to the dark side and tearing through entire colonies of zoas and other coral in a matter of just a couple days. I do really like flame angels though. I just kills me that they are so hit or miss around coral.

I agree they are very nice fish but thinking they will stop with zoas is not realistic. Once they get the taste of delicious coral who knows where they will stop. Not to mention getting it out. It will not be easy.

Ive had a flame before and it didnt nip, Most dont. But its possible i could get one that would but as i said.. I'll take the chance.

Uhh, The male damsel is giving him a bit of a hard time, He does to all newly added fish untill the next day his fine. Lights are out and hopefully photo tomorrow.

... a Damsel... I would... relive him of duty. AKA return him to the fish store or at least take him out of your man tank.

Nah, His ok. He does it to all introduced fish. I think i have a pair of damels that have a nest or are about to breed as he was protecting one cave.
Anyway, Turned the lights off for 1hr and they're back on and no more fighting and the potters is comming out a little more. Ill try get a picture soon.

Got some snaps. He was $135 Mitch, Usually there around $170ish but im pretty close to my LFS and they gave me quite a deal.

Potters Angel - Hard to get a decent photo.
img_1124630_0_beb9a232713c641dfca9389548c13a5b.jpg

Yellow Tang - Very Healthy
img_1124630_1_a1aca5045f461c3152f5b4d15f023bc3.jpg

Some of the fish - Potters, Yellow Tang, Sleeper goby, Damsel.
img_1124630_2_12279e9a2be225f66029613072e6d4dc.jpg

FTS!
img_1124630_3_dd08a5c3d5e74287d7664a505b251845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom