Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have an empty 10 gallon tank and i have some leopard danios and they seem to be trying to spawn. I saw that I should put them in a 10 gallon and keep them in there. I read a lot of things and they all say different things. Some say keep them in there for 4 hours and some say a week. What do you guys think i should do?

Thank you!

I saw them spawn in my 60 gallon tank this morning I have quite a lot of plants in there. I hope the fry hatch. Can I still move the adults into the 10 gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I breed danios regularly and the trick is to place your breeding tank near a window or somewhere where sunlight will reach the tank, fill the bottom of the tank with marbles (so the adults can't eat the eggs), fill the tank with only a few inches of water and add plants. The spawning is stimulated by the sunrise, so you should put the danios you want to breed in the breeding tank at night and remove them in the morning. The eggs will hatch in a few days (depending on the temperature of the water). Feed the fry infusoria once they swim freely
Hope this helps :)

Yes it does thank you! My friend gave me some first bites I think it's called can I give them that too?

I breed danios regularly and the trick is to place your breeding tank near a window or somewhere where sunlight will reach the tank, fill the bottom of the tank with marbles (so the adults can't eat the eggs), fill the tank with only a few inches of water and add plants. The spawning is stimulated by the sunrise, so you should put the danios you want to breed in the breeding tank at night and remove them in the morning. The eggs will hatch in a few days (depending on the temperature of the water). Feed the fry infusoria once they swim freely
Hope this helps :)

+1

Back
Top Bottom