DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my 55 gallon tank was cycled in about a week and a half! Lots of live sand and live rock helped speed the process.

+1. I used about 60 lbs of live rock in my 90g reef and it cycled in 9 days. Didn't add fish, dead shrimp, or ammonia. Just the rock itself was enough to get it going.

+1. I used about 60 lbs of live rock in my 90g reef and it cycled in 9 days. Didn't add fish, dead shrimp, or ammonia. Just the rock itself was enough to get it going.

well yeah using Live rock always helps. thats how i did my 29G tank for the most part... but all the rock i have is dead and i dont plan on buying anymore LIVE rock so ill have to use shrimp or the ammonia i already bought

but yeah so far.. scaping this tank has been anything but FUN. i found a pile i liked and went to add into the tank... kicked some sand up and now the tank is completely dusted again. cant even see the rock i put in it.. so yeah this is fun...

so i figured id scape it outside of the tank and then use epoxy to hold it together and add it as bigger pieces, well turns out i dont even know how to use epoxy bc i cant get anything to hold together.

but yeah so far.. scaping this tank has been anything but FUN. i found a pile i liked and went to add into the tank... kicked some sand up and now the tank is completely dusted again. cant even see the rock i put in it.. so yeah this is fun...

so i figured id scape it outside of the tank and then use epoxy to hold it together and add it as bigger pieces, well turns out i dont even know how to use epoxy bc i cant get anything to hold together.

You mix the two substances together and then apply and let dry.

I wish I could come scape for you! I love messing with the rocks. Lol!

Also- I'm sorry about your sand! I don't understand why yours is so cloudy.

You mix the two substances together and then apply and let dry.

I wish I could come scape for you! I love messing with the rocks. Lol!

Also- I'm sorry about your sand! I don't understand why yours is so cloudy.

lol well i got one of those green Epoxy sticks and it says to crumble it up until its white and then apply n let dry, except it wasnt holding.

And its not your fault about the sand lol... its just not cooperating with me... actually nothing is cooperating with me tonight :/

lol well i got one of those green Epoxy sticks and it says to crumble it up until its white and then apply n let dry, except it wasnt holding.

And its not your fault about the sand lol... its just not cooperating with me... actually nothing is cooperating with me tonight :/

Beer. That is all.

eehhh... im done for the night... as my hands are covered in epoxy and i dont even know if i like what i did so far.. :/

Well the epoxy didn't work so I just said to hell with it.. I'm just gonna stack everything..

here's what I got so far (and I have a bunch more rock too)

ForumRunner_20121128_111753.jpg

It looks good. I like the arch in The middle and the arch thing on the far right. And I like the rock formation on the left side too. It's a good start! :)

Thanks guys!! I really like it too.. just not sure what to do with all this other rock... AND of course its gonna be hard to duplicate this when it goes into the tank as I'm not using epoxy

Thanks guys!! I really like it too.. just not sure what to do with all this other rock... AND of course its gonna be hard to duplicate this when it goes into the tank as I'm not using epoxy

take multiple pictures as you take it apart to match it as closely as possible. i do like it alot though, much better then your last try lol :)

take multiple pictures as you take it apart to match it as closely as possible. i do like it alot though, much better then your last try lol :)

Haha yeah I figured you would like this layout a lot better what with all the arches!

I think this IS my layout..I can't seem to really add anything else on and make it look good..

Haha yeah I figured you would like this layout a lot better what with all the arches!

I think this IS my layout..I can't seem to really add anything else on and make it look good..

well how much sandbed do you expect to have in front of the rockwork? maybe you could build a small structure there with your extra rock or just toss it in the sump. Thats what i do lol its like my back inventory for when im aquascaping haha

well how much sandbed do you expect to have in front of the rockwork? maybe you could build a small structure there with your extra rock or just toss it in the sump. Thats what i do lol its like my back inventory for when im aquascaping haha

Yeah I'm not exactly sure.. I have 2 big pieces leftover and a bunch of little ones. Maybe after I have it in the tank I'll add the little ones here n there or make a small island like u said

Well I just put it into the tank.. can barely see it bc its so cloudy so I'm not too sure how it looks lol I threw a few pieces into my sump to maybe help with filtration.. still baffled with how cloudy this tank gets from kicking up such little amounts of sand.

Well I just put it into the tank.. can barely see it bc its so cloudy so I'm not too sure how it looks lol I threw a few pieces into my sump to maybe help with filtration.. still baffled with how cloudy this tank gets from kicking up such little amounts of sand.

I'm baffled as well. It doesn't make sense!

Back
Top Bottom