DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i like the cycle phase for some odd reason... speaking of... After 5 hours of having 2 pieces of shrimp in the tank(theyre small) here are my numbers
Ammo - .25ppm
TrIte - .25ppm
TrAte - 10ppm

is this even possible to have this much of readings this early?? i cant remember how quickly it was before my other tank started to show numbers

Wow. Is all your rock and sand live? That's the only way you'd have those readings already

Dan, the aqua scape looks great. Liked the picture too. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses after he cycle (which it sounds like you are well on your way).

Day 2 Ammo- .25ppm
Nitrite - .25ppm
Nitrate - 20-40ppm...

If my rock has die off can't this be messing with my results?? Bc I'm pretty sure my numbers shouldn't b this high already

Some cycles are like that. It's a mystery but you seem to be getting a proper cycle. The first thing I'd add would be a small light in the sump and some cheato. It may sound strange but if you can establish some early it'll help reduce nitrates. You can get a 10w waterproof LED daylight floodlight off of eBay for about $15 or use a cheap workshop style cone reflector and a CFL daylight from Lowes. It's the least expensive part of the system to upgrade but could save you some salt later on if it's sucking nitrates.

Some cycles are like that. It's a mystery but you seem to be getting a proper cycle. The first thing I'd add would be a small light in the sump and some cheato. It may sound strange but if you can establish some early it'll help reduce nitrates. You can get a 10w waterproof LED daylight floodlight off of eBay for about $15 or use a cheap workshop style cone reflector and a CFL daylight from Lowes. It's the least expensive part of the system to upgrade but could save you some salt later on if it's sucking nitrates.

Well that's good news :) I'm gonna go out over the weekend and pick up a light and chaeto.. maybe just get a dinky work light from Lowes or something

Going good! Still got a ways to go! I think I'm on week 2 of my cycle and its getting close

You could still split the purchase though. Just stock corals on one side until you by the other sides light ;)

Back
Top Bottom