DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well good news. Tank has already seen improvement overnight. Water has cleared up very nice. Now if I could only get the hair algae out...

If its on your rock rake it out and scrub it in a bucket of salt water. And place it in another bucket of salt water until your done. That's should help a great deal. I did this exact thing last weekend with no ill effects, other than my fish being ****** at me for moving their homes around and not putting it back as it was ?

If its on your rock rake it out and scrub it in a bucket of salt water. And place it in another bucket of salt water until your done. That's should help a great deal. I did this exact thing last weekend with no ill effects, other than my fish being ****** at me for moving their homes around and not putting it back as it was ?de1d

I don't know why but ur comment isn't coming up on my phone :/ I'll have to check the internet

Nvm it showed up now Lol yeah I guess I could do that but that would mean id have to pretty much rescape my tank Lol its all over the rocks.

Do you guys think a phosphate reactor would be too much if I already have a GFO reactor?? Or is it even necessary bc I already have GFO?

They are basically the same thing. Now you could add another reactor to run another media type if you wanted, like carbon, purigen, chemiclean...so on, as I think you are only running the GFO if I remember correctly.

They are basically the same thing. Now you could add another reactor to run another media type if you wanted, like carbon, purigen, chemiclean...so on, as I think you are only running the GFO if I remember correctly.

Yeah only running gfo in a reactor but I have a bag of carbon in a high flow area

Well what are you trying to accomplish with another reactor? Bring phosphates down more? If that is the case, why not just switch to a high capacity GFO? BRS sells it, I run it in my reactor.

Well what are you trying to accomplish with another reactor? Bring phosphates down more? If that is the case, why not just switch to a high capacity GFO? BRS sells it, I run it in my reactor.

I'm not exactly sure haha just tryna get rid of hair algae Lol I don't need it, I was jus curious really. I just bought a 2lb container of regular GFO from BRS the other day Lol

Sorry you lost your hippo tang Dan, any idea why? And will you get another? Kole tang/yellow eyed tangs and yellow tangs are great at eating hair algae. Just a thought mate.

Sorry you lost your hippo tang Dan, any idea why? And will you get another? Kole tang/yellow eyed tangs and yellow tangs are great at eating hair algae. Just a thought mate.

Thanks, and no idea. Came home n he was stuck to my power head so either he got stuck and just died or died and then got stuck. I wanted to get a kole tang but wanna wait til I have my other stock in bc they can be very territorial. I was thinking of maybe changing my stock list from a kole tang to just a yellow tang. Seems my LFS always has them and never have kole tangs.

PS. Oh and I might get another hippo tang. Just not right now lol

Back
Top Bottom