DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Do they only hang? I can't get a hanging light due to not owning my own place :/

You can always build a frame to hang then from

Depends how creative you wanna go.... If you wanna hide the frame you could nail 2x4s to the back of the stand to run up behind the tank with another board running horizontally acrossed the tank to screw/nail/bolt the lights to if you can picture what I'm saying

Mrc8858 said:
Depends how creative you wanna go.... If you wanna hide the frame you could nail 2x4s to the back of the stand to run up behind the tank with another board running horizontally acrossed the tank to screw/nail/bolt the lights to if you can picture what I'm saying

Yeah I can sorta see what you mean lol well I'm getting a canopy with the tank too but its homemade so I dunno what I'm gonna do with it yet

Well you could possible fix the light into the canopy then

Mrc8858 said:
Well you could possible fix the light into the canopy then

I might be able to, its not a regular canopy that your thinking of, it has an open top to it.. I dunno its weird, I'll post a pic when I get it

DanS180 said:
Anybody hear anything about T5 Tek light fixture? I know its not LED but I'm just browsing

I had a 6 bulb fixture by them. Had to buy the legs for it. Cost me about 1000 for everything.

Kio707 said:
I had a 6 bulb fixture by them. Had to buy the legs for it. Cost me about 1000 for everything.

$1000? I'm looking at the t5 tek 4ft 6bulb fixture for 313.99 on BRS

And did u like it? Good for all corals??

DanS180 said:

I upgraded the bulbs. It was good. I had clams and stuff.

DanS180 said:

You can buy 2 LEDs cheaper then that and won't have to replace the bulbs every 6-8 months... Just a thought.

Kio707 said:
You can buy 2 LEDs cheaper then that and won't have to replace the bulbs every 6-8 months... Just a thought.

I understand that, like I said tho I'm just browsing around to see what's what..

I'm up for a bulb change now at around 9 months of use. I could squeeze a couple more out of them though. The fans help life expectancy a lot and I love the fixture which I got my legs for free since they took so long to check me out (free $60 haha) but it still does get warm since I got 6 t5s over 46 gallons lol

Mrc8858 said:
I'm up for a bulb change now at around 9 months of use. I could squeeze a couple more out of them though. The fans help life expectancy a lot and I love the fixture which I got my legs for free since they took so long to check me out (free $60 haha) but it still does get warm since I got 6 t5s over 46 gallons lol

That's awesome tho!.. where'd u buy yours from? And what's the "elite"?

The elite has a built in fan system. I got mine from a lfs near me "aquaworld"

Back
Top Bottom