DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
For 6 bulbs and the light fixture....about $600 -_-

How come I'm finding ones so much cheaper?? Like $300 cheap. Did u guys buy these when they first come out?

I found the T5 tek 48 inch 6 bulb fixture with fans built in for 313.99 and the leg kit is like $50.. how did u pay $600 and the other guy pay $1000? Lol

DanS180 said:
Bulbs don't come with the fixture?????

Unfortunate no. You just paying for a high quality fixture.. $30 bulbs add up fast too lol

Mrc8858 said:
Unfortunate no. You just paying for a high quality fixture.. $30 bulbs add up fast too lol

Wow okay that makes sense now! Hahaha guess I'll have to browse a little more

You can usually find used ones cheaper. I got a 48" 8 bulb for 250$ that came with 3 month old bulbs.

Khij159753 said:
You can usually find used ones cheaper. I got a 48" 8 bulb for 250$ that came with 3 month old bulbs.

Yeah I found one on Craigslist for $250 but they aren't answering my email :/ lol

Quick question.. if I decide to hang the light.. do I have to get a 48in fixture or can I get a 36in?

You could do a 36" but obviously the 6" on either side will only be able to support low light corals.

Mrc8858 said:
You could do a 36" but obviously the 6" on either side will only be able to support low light corals.

Hmm this is true.. guess I'll continue snooping around for a good price.. not even certain whether I want T5 or LED. Never had LED.

Kessil light are awesome!! Love mine! And you can buy a crane neck light holder for it. There are videos online of tanks with Kessil lighting on them. Very pretty.

I'll check them out too.. a buddy of mine has 2 165W LEDs hanging over his tank, I think I'm gonna go with them, bc I've determined I can hang them from the ceiling :) and they're less than $200 each.. he has absolutely no problem growing all corals, esp SPS

This is pretty late, but I got a Sunlight supply TEK 60" 6 bulb from BRS (don't sell them anymore). It was on sale and you get 25% off ATI lights so I got those w/ my order. They do get kind of hot, but they grow anything. Might be too much light even!

obscurereef said:
This is pretty late, but I got a Sunlight supply TEK 60" 6 bulb from BRS (don't sell them anymore). It was on sale and you get 25% off ATI lights so I got those w/ my order. They do get kind of hot, but they grow anything. Might be too much light even!

Never too late, I'm still shopping around.. remember, this is an ongoing project :) only thing that's been purchased was the tank so far

Back
Top Bottom