DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice Dan. My first yellow didn't make it and the second was bigger. He is still king of the reef. Always in motion.

Thanks! And yeah he was nowhere to be seen the first day.. now he's just swimming back and forth as "king" Lol still gets shy when I come to close tho

Couldn't find my Xmas wrasse yesterday, looked high and low, couldn't find him. Then I forgot about the overflow Lol yep he was in there. Took me a solid 20mins to get him out but no worries, all is well and he's perfectly fine :)

Couldn't find my Xmas wrasse yesterday, looked high and low, couldn't find him. Then I forgot about the overflow Lol yep he was in there. Took me a solid 20mins to get him out but no worries, all is well and he's perfectly fine :)

If that happens again Dan, I've found pulling the overflow tube out and draining it to the sump is a lot quicker. Then you just retrieve your fish from the sump.

Just pull it out slowly (obviously turn off pump, skimmer, etc). I was nervous the first time too, but I've had to do it a few times and it makes life a lot easier.

Alright cool I'll keep that in mind if it happens again(which im sure it will!) Lol

Just added a purple bottle brush gorgonian and......

...a blue spot toby puffer! My LFS had one in stock and aw man this guy is so neat looking :) I'm trying to get pics but he won't stay still lol

Just added a purple bottle brush gorgonian and......

...a blue spot toby puffer! My LFS had one in stock and aw man this guy is so neat looking :) I'm trying to get pics but he won't stay still lol

I googled it. That fish is awesome! I hope that it doesn't eat your inverts or munch on your coral. Hopefully you can get a picture of him!

I googled it. That fish is awesome! I hope that it doesn't eat your inverts or munch on your coral. Hopefully you can get a picture of him!

So far he seems to be doing okay. I havent noticed any damaged corals or missing parts Lol I hope he never eats them bc he's such an awesome fish and id hate to lose him. He's only about an inch right now. Soo tiny! Lol

Ok well the puffer does pick st some of my corals. Mainly my 2 acans. :/ I think one of em is in jeopardy of dying soon. Also my giant purple cap colony is starting to get white specs all over. I think I noticed him pecking at it one day. Anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop or is he always gonna do this?

Ok well the puffer does pick st some of my corals. Mainly my 2 acans. :/ I think one of em is in jeopardy of dying soon. Also my giant purple cap colony is starting to get white specs all over. I think I noticed him pecking at it one day. Anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop or is he always gonna do this?

Once puffers get the taste for corals it is very hard to stop them from eating them. You can try feeding more, little and often to try and keep him full. They say that fish only pick at corals when they are hungry how true that is I don't know.

How is the yellow tang getting on Dan?

Once puffers get the taste for corals it is very hard to stop them from eating them. You can try feeding more, little and often to try and keep him full. They say that fish only pick at corals when they are hungry how true that is I don't know.

How is the yellow tang getting on Dan?

Hmm maybe I'll just try n keep him full Lol the yellow tang is doing awesome! Eating like a pig and no signs of stress :)

Back
Top Bottom