DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well ever since I added him he hasn't stopped grazing so that's a good thing Lol :) he adds so much color to my tank too I love it!

I'm sorry I meant how many gallons is it I've got a 20 long and was wondering how far away you spaces the dividers in it

I'm sorry I meant how many gallons is it I've got a 20 long and was wondering how far away you spaces the dividers in it

The sump is 30g. The first chamber I have my skimmer, heater and pump for my reactor. That's about 11-12" then its a 13" fuge. Then a 4 wall bubble trap spaced an inch or 1/2 in apart(cant remember) then I have a 6" return chamber that houses only my return pump.

Well I'm 0-2 with tangs :( woke up and my yellow tang was dead. Grr wonder why both blue and yellow died.

Well I'm 0-2 with tangs :( woke up and my yellow tang was dead. Grr wonder why both blue and yellow died.

If its any consolation Dan, I'm going to kill my yellow Tang. It started eating my Cotton Candy Brain. Thought they were vegetarians and reef safe. Sorry to hear you lost another Tang. You sound like me with Angels. I'm 0-8 with them.

If its any consolation Dan, I'm going to kill my yellow Tang. It started eating my Cotton Candy Brain. Thought they were vegetarians and reef safe. Sorry to hear you lost another Tang. You sound like me with Angels. I'm 0-8 with them.

Ehhh that's rough. Yeah well the past 2 fish I've added have both bit the bullet. Wonder what's goin on with them. Maybe I'll go get a cheap fish and see if it lives OR just start buying my livestock elsewhere.

Ah Dan sorry to hear about the yellow tang. That's a strange one, especially if he was grazing on the hair algae. Did you buy the regal and the yellow from the same place? Might be worth going else where.

Ah Dan sorry to hear about the yellow tang. That's a strange one, especially if he was grazing on the hair algae. Did you buy the regal and the yellow from the same place? Might be worth going else where.

Yeah that's where I buy all my livestock. May switch it up and order from my friend that works at a petco

Yeah that's where I buy all my livestock. May switch it up and order from my friend that works at a petco

Might be worth a shot mate, or try buying one from someone that is selling one from a tank they have at home. That's what I did with my regal, I brought him from someone that had him for 4 years, brought him as a baby. Mine is fine no problems with him at all. My yellow and regal get on well together and both are greedy little sods lol.

Might be worth a shot mate, or try buying one from someone that is selling one from a tank they have at home. That's what I did with my regal, I brought him from someone that had him for 4 years, brought him as a baby. Mine is fine no problems with him at all. My yellow and regal get on well together and both are greedy little sods lol.

Lol yeah I was trying to buy a mature hippo like 4-5 in off a guy that lives near me but he's being a lil ridiculous with his asking price so that's a no.

My friend that works at Petco can order me whatever I want usually and they arent always babys either so I'm gonna give that a try and see what happens

Lol yeah I was trying to buy a mature hippo like 4-5 in off a guy that lives near me but he's being a lil ridiculous with his asking price so that's a no.

My friend that works at Petco can order me whatever I want usually and they arent always babys either so I'm gonna give that a try and see what happens

Ah a greedy seller lol you do find that sometimes.
Good luck with the next one. Don't forget to make sure they are feeding well before you buy.

Here's a few pics of my new tang I bought about a week ago. He's a lot bigger than the previous one I had. A lot meatier and healthier looking as well :)

ForumRunner_20130422_205114.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_205153.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_205207.jpg

Here's a few pics of my new tang I bought about a week ago. He's a lot bigger than the previous one I had. A lot meatier and healthier looking as well :)

Very nice Dan. My first yellow didn't make it and the second was bigger. He is still king of the reef. Always in motion.

Back
Top Bottom