Dark green grassy algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do I get rid of this stuff? At first it just was on the back but now it's everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1464142910243.jpg
    1464142910243.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 73
Looks like it could be black beard algae , if so scrape as much as you can off glass and use Excel (glut) and spot treat it . Google BBA and there is a ton of info on it .

Okay thanks. I tried sc raping it off but nothing worked except my nails and that's too much work

Okay thanks. I tried sc raping it off but nothing worked except my nails and that's too much work

If you don't have one, you could invest in a scraper (I have no clue what it's actually called). I got one to take care of about a billion different types of algae in one tank, and it just took it right off. If you have a glass tank, it's really nice because it has a razor-like blade on it, and takes the algae right off.

Okay I'll see if they have it next time I go to the store. I have the sponge thing on a stick and that doesn't help at all. Thanks

Yeah, I've used that one, and it doesn't do me any good on most stuff, just kind of helps scrub small stuff off the wall. The razor one is the way to go, IMO. Just be sure to keep the entire blade on the wall, otherwise it won't work.

Back
Top Bottom