Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got both tank and replacement water within reasonable parameters of each other ,.... We'll see what they are after the pwc tomorrow or Tuesday ,...but as of now everything looking good., corals looks happy ,... Btw , happy Easter to you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I just had to upgrade my old iPhone due to the fact that it was really acting strange and was starting to wig for no real apparent reason , so I decided as long as nothing was really happening tank wise I'd see if it took better pictures than the old one did.... So he's a few assorted picsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438622.579068.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438642.209278.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438658.414525.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438681.010707.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438701.861844.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438780.963413.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438796.932583.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438812.452906.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438830.449540.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428438848.936988.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice look closely at the last picture and you can see the little coral crab ( " dougie" ) hiding in it

Last edited:
Nice pics Dary. Was thinking of you today. I'm about to frag my Alien Eye Chalice (third time since Thanksgiving). Wish you lived closer. ?

Thank you greg ... Sean ,I actually bought a one eyed frag a couple of weeks ago,... Hopefully with my parameters up I'll be able to keep this one going,. My original one lived and multiplied like crazy for a couple of years before she scrummed , I still have about a third of one that I'm hoping will rejuvenate itself ,... I WILL prevail with theses one way or another !!!!

I bought a one eye frag about two years ago. When I first cut it down in November, it was the size of a volleyball.

Greg , With your knowledge I can't imagine you having difficulties raising any type of coral especially caps ,...So you can imagine how we dummies must feel trying to raise anything :-/

I bought a one eye frag about two years ago. When I first cut it down in November, it was the size of a volleyball.

Whoa,.... I'm hoping I can do the same !

Chalices I have pretty good luck with. Lobos, not so much. I think my Cleaner Shrimp is suspect with the Lobos though. Currently have Watermelon, Raspberry Lemonade, Sweet Tooth, and Mummy Eye Chalices that are all doing well.

My system has gotten out of control. With complexity comes screw ups. My alk varied (again) as I fought to bring Mg up. I don't test for Mg very often but it fell to 1000. As I raised it, the alk went to 13. The caps did not like that at all. The SPS could have cared less.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Greg, that sucks. I just had a Mg upset about a month ago. I just decided to bite the bullet and test when I test Alk and Ca.

Chalices I have pretty good luck with. Lobos, not so much. I think my Cleaner Shrimp is suspect with the Lobos though. Currently have Watermelon, Raspberry Lemonade, Sweet Tooth, and Mummy Eye Chalices that are all doing well.

I had done well with the chalices until all my parameters went coco ,... Just now I'm getting a handle on things and more important thanks to all of you guys ,I'm starting to understand the chemistry thing a little bit better too,...Hopefully I can re-enter the chalice kingdom again soon.

If I ran a smaller system and wasn't so offended by current salt prices, I would do as Doug does and make life simpler thru massive water exchanges. Since stability seems to be in the top five things you need to grow corals, dosing can screw you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I tried that for a long time but yep the cost was pretty steep so I decided to go the traditional way and join the madness.... I think they both have their good and bad points., it's just something you have to decide on yourself...Dosing really confused me but even a bowl of jello confuses me so I just plunk away and cross my fingers that I'm doing things correctly

Back
Top Bottom