Day 4 of cycling questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teagybear

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today is the fourth day of my fish less, ammonia cycle. I am running a 20 gallon, seeded tank with a biobag filter.
My levels are:
pH: 8.2
Nitrate: 0.5
Nitrite: 5.0 (or above)
Ammo: 0 ppm.

Is there anything I need to do beside redose my ammonia?

Do I water change to get my nitrates to a readable level?

Thanks!

When ammo is hitting 0 in a 24hour span definitely dose ammo. You can do a 50% water change and see if that helps. It may stall the cycle if the nitRITE is too high. Personally I would do the water change and then just dose to 2ppm check it again in 24hrs and see if you are getting good transition from nitRITE to nitRATE. Your nitrATE isn't an issue at this point. Also what test are you using that you are able to measure nitrate in .5ppm increments?

Today is the fourth day of my fish less, ammonia cycle. I am running a 20 gallon, seeded tank with a biobag filter.
My levels are:
pH: 8.2
Nitrate: 0.5
Nitrite: 5.0 (or above)
Ammo: 0 ppm.

Is there anything I need to do beside redose my ammonia?

Do I water change to get my nitrates to a readable level?

Thanks!

I would just leave nitrites to come down now then add more ammonia when the do. I dont think there is any real need to do a water change at this stage, unless you really want to bring nitrites down to a readable level.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can also take a water sample and mix it 50/50 with DI water Then double the results to get your actually amount of nitrite in the water.

I'm going to Assume that you mixed up nitrate and nitrite. The difference matters, so please make sure to keep them straight

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom