Day 6 of cycle?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all my numbers have been consistant and good am .25 or less rite 0 rate 5. I don't know if this is good or not cause I'm not seeing any spikes. I am using fish (4 glowlight tetras), and the gravel I'm using came from a well established tank. Should I still do pwc if numbers are good?
Thanks in ad advance
Supra

Hello all my numbers have been consistant and good am .25 or less rite 0 rate 5. I don't know if this is good or not cause I'm not seeing any spikes. I am using fish (4 glowlight tetras), and the gravel I'm using came from a well established tank. Should I still do pwc if numbers are good?
Thanks in ad advance
Supra

Day 6 isn't really a lot of time, you have a long road ahead. Plus the fish are pretty small, it may take a bit for their bioload to start having an affect, although with ammonia at .25 it's already rising. What size is the tank?

Keep testing water daily. Any time ammonia and/or nitrite get over .25 do a water change to get them down; same with nitrate over 20. The gravel may be helping since you have some nitrates already. It's possible you won't see nitrite, but I wouldn't stop testing at all yet. If nitrites are going to show it can take up to a couple of weeks before they do, so just b/c nitrite is 0 now it doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

With ammonia at .25, I'd do a 50% water change to get that down before it gets any higher.

Librarygirl thanks for the reply, I was thinking the sme thing with the size of the fish. The tank is 20g. I did a 20% change figured it wouldn't hurt plus got a vacume in. I am testing every other day. I know it's early I guess I'm very impatient.
Supra

Back
Top Bottom