dead clownfish help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok we got a yellow striped maroon clown on tuesday around 7pm. I put him in our 8 gallon biocube. Well before we went to bed last night (weds night) he was swiming at the top of the tank. I thought he was just sleeping but I checked everything just in case. pH 8.2, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, and nitrate 15. Well this morning we woke up and he had died. The thing is the water was the same as light night before we went to bed. pH 8.2, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, and nitrate 15. I have no clue what went wrong. I want to go off on my LFS but idk what happend. Can someone please help us please....!

It was probably wild caught and the death is probably from stress or the way it was collected. Some places still use cyanide or other poisons to collect fish. I try to buy tank bred fish as much as possible they are higher priced but to me is well worth it. An eight gallon tank is really way to small for a clown it would be alright as a hospital or quarantine tank but not as a long term one.

but I know that he was not wild caught. I know he was a bred fish. And he was only like 0.75 inches long. He also was in the LFS for about 2 weeks before I got him and he looked perfect.

Back
Top Bottom