dead coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XX Mikey XX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i understand the whole "it will affect your PH and what not", but what if it is several years old?

ive had little dead coral pieces since i was about 7 or 8 years old and im 23 now. and i wanna know if this will make any significant difference in my FW aquarium?

It will always leach minerals, it's limestone down to its cold dead heart.No, if the aquarium is sufficiently large a few chunks of coral won't really cause any weirdness with your ph.

well i was only gonna use 2 of the "bigger" pieces on each side of my tank (which is 10g)

and all thats really in the tank is 2 goldfish that will probably never die and a pleco that is pretty useless....

im also wondering if these coral pieces would be bad when i start a planted tank?

Shouldn't hurt to have them, but it won't hurt to take them out either. It's up to you.

Are you going to move the fish? I'm assuming the fish are still small if you have 2 goldfish and a pleco in a 10 gal. They will out grow it pretty quickly what kind of pleco do you have?

ehh the goldfish and pleco are expendable...and i really dont want them anymore..so they will be going to a friend with a 100+ gallon tank
im working on getting a 20 gallon to do a planted setup and some simple, visually eye catching fish
i dont really know, i guess its a basic pleco?

i know for a fact that neither of the 3 fish will be staying in there long

btw, both "shubunkin" goldfish are only 1.5 inch long
and the pleco is almost 2 inches long

Back
Top Bottom