Dead leafs on bottom of tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it looks great, so I would say stick with the same look in the bigger tank!

That's what I'm thinking il obviously be adding more plants rocks and Bigwood just to fill gaps and with 6ft to fill I may have to have a centre piece of big wood. I've got one little niggling temptation to get rid of the discus and try peacock bass always wanted them just never had a tank to hold them :(

Peacock bass all the way mate! Got 6 of them in my6ft tank they are brilliant it's a 900 litre set up with 5 ft sump they take a lot of work but are worth it I've had mine from fry at 1 inch big within 4 months they are now 6 inch if not bigger and colouring up nicely, I've got a friend who has got a 10x10x5 pond in his garage that breeds them he's got peacock bass in there pushing 1 feet long they look awesome, that's who I had the fry from as I know he has good stock and they are not hybrids that most LFS sell :) if you need any info mate give me a shout ill help you out with as much info as you need :) I love peacock bass they are brilliant fish!

Peacock bass all the way mate! Got 6 of them in my6ft tank they are brilliant it's a 900 litre set up with 5 ft sump they take a lot of work but are worth it I've had mine from fry at 1 inch big within 4 months they are now 6 inch if not bigger and colouring up nicely, I've got a friend who has got a 10x10x5 pond in his garage that breeds them he's got peacock bass in there pushing 1 feet long they look awesome, that's who I had the fry from as I know he has good stock and they are not hybrids that most LFS sell :) if you need any info mate give me a shout ill help you out with as much info as you need :) I love peacock bass they are brilliant fish!

When you say take a lot of work, how much compared to discus??? And I will message you for info when I know for sure if I'm going to give them a go :) it won't be for around a yeah yet anyway cheers Jim!

Massive water changes like discus, constant 30 degrees water temp, peacock bass are from the exact same region in the amazon as discus so require the same water condition, would be a good move I think peacock bass are awesome

Massive water changes like discus, constant 30 degrees water temp, peacock bass are from the exact same region in the amazon as discus so require the same water condition, would be a good move I think peacock bass are awesome

I feel like the almond leaves urge is coming all over again but just with peacocks now lol nah seriously I've always wanted them ever since I got my first tank years ago! Are you in the us or uk???

Mine is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and I've got 6 peacock bass in there and they will out grow my tank by end of next year lol

Mine is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and I've got 6 peacock bass in there and they will out grow my tank by end of next year lol

Wow! I don't think I could go bigger so maybe I have to leave the peacocks for a while :(

Yeh I'm hoping build a pond next year for them so I can keep them, make a bit of money selling peacock bass fry, my mate sells his kelberi and temensis peacock bass for £15 a fish and he's got hundreds of them from this years spawn but he's also got a 10ft x 10ft x 5ft indoor pond lol and can house them fine he keeps his fry in 3 6ft tanks untill he sells them :)

Yeh I'm hoping build a pond next year for them so I can keep them, make a bit of money selling peacock bass fry, my mate sells his kelberi and temensis peacock bass for £15 a fish and he's got hundreds of them from this years spawn but he's also got a 10ft x 10ft x 5ft indoor pond lol and can house them fine he keeps his fry in 3 6ft tanks untill he sells them :)

That would be soo cool does he have a job too or not??? My mates got a heated pond in his garden with fresh water rays massive plecos turtles and mixture of the large chichlids it's pretty nice but costs soo much to run I don't think I could grant spending that much on electric a month!

Yeh he is a central heating engineer like me so hes got the money, he works hard on his pond and I no his electricity bill is high he told me its in the region of £200 a month to keep all his tanks and pond heated lol

Back
Top Bottom