Dealing with plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_ice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and a newbie in keeping fish :)

I've got several plants in my tank atm and I've noticed that one of the leaves has turned yellow. What should I do - somehow take it out or just leave it there? To prevent other leaves from dying I've added half a cap of Plant Gro.

Btw, my tank size is 18 L (4.75 US gallon).

Thanks!! :D

Oh, and welcome to Aquarium Advice blue_ice :)

Planted tanks are a bit hard to judge without some more in-depth knowledge of the tank conditions. If you can give us a bit more info about your tank parameters we can certainly try to help out :)

Hello... sorry I just had a chance to reply.

First of all, I didn't take note of the plant name when I bought it so later on I will take a pic of it - I'm sure you would be able to identify it :)

Anyway, this is the story of my tank:

I bought the tank, filled it with water, gravel and put the water conditioner. Next day I got an ornament and 2 types of plant. One plant was fine but the other one had 2 leaves with yellow spots on it. Then one week after, I bought 2 Red Lyretails. After a while one of the leaves turned yellow completely.

I did an ammonia test yesterday - 0 result which was good.

Right now I'm not using a special light or CO2 :oops: . My tank is Jebo 331.

Right now I'm not using a special light or CO2
You don't need a "special" light. They just want to know how many watts of light you have and how many gallons your tank is. That way you can determine if the plant get's enough light intensity :wink: .

Further, within one week your tank will not have cycled. You can read about how to cycle a tank and why here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=15

and here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=21

So you need to keep your ammonia and nitrite levels monitored every day and make pwc whenever the levels get too high, until the cycle is over.

Back
Top Bottom