Dec-Jan: Lets hear about those bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, do tell about the bargains you've gotten - with the gift giving season upon us, spare no detail.

please keep chatter and classified ads to a minimum, they have their own forums.

Just returned from the next closest 'city', where they at least have a walmart and a home depot.

I was shopping around the electrical isle getting some pvc parts and ran into a bargain on digital timers.

they had a 3 pack, 1 digital 2 analog timers on clearance for $20... I thought that looked like a good deal, as they're usually $30... so I grab one, and check out

while the cashier is ringing me up, the computer only charged me $8 for the kit.

so needless to say, I made another round and bought the remaining stock (4 more kits)... what a bargain!

I know, it's not pretty fish or a steal on a tank, but a digital timer for less than $10 is a deal in itself, and to get a couple of extra analog timers (great for xmas lights) is icing on the cake.

How is this for a deal. My LFS, Pet Meister, went out of buisness, and he was selling everything! I got two of the 20 gallons he keeps fish in, only $10 a piece with gravel UGF, heater, and light. But best of all, since he knew me, I came by the day before he closed, and he signaled over to the bags and said, "take any fish you want". I got over 60 fish, for FREE!!!!!!!!
3 Kribensis
8 Convict
4 Red finned borleyi
2 jewel
2 colbalt blue and colbalt yellow?
2 yellow/brown malawi sp.?
1 Julie Dickfieldi
6 Neon tetra
6 black skirt
2 platy
1 red eye tetra
5 leapord danio
6 zebra
2 cory sp.
1 flame gourami
1 painted tetra
1 swordtail
5 bloodfin tetra
2 rummy nose
1 female beta
I figured this is around $100-$200 if fish!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

bummer about him going under (har har)... but great deal on the fish!

Just took advantage of the Petsmart twenty dollar discount. Basically got a 200 gal bucket of IO for 14.99. That is a good deal. :wink:

flamron said:
Just took advantage of the Petsmart twenty dollar discount. Basically got a 200 gal bucket of IO for 14.99. That is a good deal. :wink:

Wow, Think I'm gonna do that too.

darn - TWENTY has expired - anyone know of other valid coupons?

[edit]

Nevermind ... appearantly petsmart felt they were too generous with $20 off, so they kicked it down to $5 off $50 or more ... SAVEFIVE

Dang it, that sucks. I'm glad some of you took advantage of the deal though!

Here's one a buddy of mine posted on another board I post on:

Kodak CX6330 Easyshare 3.1MP 3x Optical/3.3x Digital Zoom Digital Camera (Mfr# 1894104) » only $156.33 Shipped

The camera has a professional quality Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 3X optical zoom lens, which when combined with the large maximum aperture of f5.2 allows the camera to capture exceptionally sharp pictures even in extremely low light. In addition, the camera features an all-new high-speed precision auto-focus system, which allows focus lock in almost complete darkness. With the stylish 3.3 megapixel (MP) DX6330, this 3X optical zoom camera can choose between simple point-and-shoot modes or from a host of advanced user modes including aperture and shutter priority. Its print quality shows exceptional performance when compared to most competitors in the same product class in internal Kodak benchmark testing. The DX6330 produces clear pictures with exceptional color under any lighting condition thanks to Kodak's Color Science algorithms, which are designed to match the vivid colors of traditional photography!

S0054610_std.jpg

Activate $10 off $150 coupon @ Buy.com (Click on "Redeem Coupon")
Then search for "90127791" to add this 3.1MP Digital Camera to your shopping cart for $209.99
There is a $50 Exclusive Rebate on it until 12/21/2003
Shipping cost on this item is $6.34
Your Final Price: $209.99 - $10 - $50 + $6.34 = $156.33 Shipped

have i posted that i purchased a 10g complete from walmart for $30 ??? came with everything except a heater . not bad !

Just picked up a 55 gal oceanic tank with lights, filters, heater, powerheads, ug filter and an oak stand for 175.00. I will be selling the light strip, NO 40Watts (4ft) and the powerheads (have 550 on them), so if someone is interested, pm me with a price and I will see. I bought it because it looks way better than my Wally world fish tank.

justDIY said:
I know, it's not pretty fish or a steal on a tank, but a digital timer for less than $10 is a deal in itself, and to get a couple of extra analog timers (great for xmas lights) is icing on the cake.

They work great for lights on your tank to. Turn them on every morning and off at night.

From a friend. He bought it from another friend and passed the deal along to me. It may not seem like a great deal, but the oak stand is worth what I paid for it, so for me it was a deal. It is WAY better than the wal-mart stand and tank.

Back
Top Bottom