Dechlonirator in Distilled or RO Water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was doing my water changes and I put Seachem Prime to my distilled but reminilized water. It was a routine before I started to use Distilled water so I accidentally put as my same habit.

Tank is 6 gallon and the prime dose added was 0.5 ml which is suggested dose. Will it harm anything or its ok?

Also I read if to add too much livestock its better to add Seachem Prime as Amonia or other harm chemicals may build. I will be getting a shipment of so many shrimps all at once and will add all at once. So is it advisable to add prime in water. If yes then Is it best to

1) add before adding shrimps

or

2) After adding shrimps?

Please reply. Thanks.

I wouldn't rely on Prime. Test the water after adding shrimp. If water parameters start to shift, do partial water changes until test results normal/stable.

It shouldn’t harm the shrimp. But going forward you shouldn’t need to use it with your filtered water.

I wouldn't rely on Prime. Test the water after adding shrimp. If water parameters start to shift, do partial water changes until test results normal/stable.
I don't think its a good idea to do water changes after adding shrimps. They are Bee Shrimps. Very sensitive to water changes. I always do plants trimming and water changes before adding them so for at least two three weeks no need to touch the water.
It shouldn’t harm the shrimp. But going forward you shouldn’t need to use it with your filtered water.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom