Decided on which one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
So started another topic because dont want the other one to get out of hand. Anyway so I've been looking at different cichlids and have decided on the blue regal peacock. Next question is if there is anyone with any information that own or have owned them it that would be grate.

they are Malawi cichlid, therefore you should have fine substrate if possible. a pH of 7.4 - 8.5 and a temperature of 75-80 should be comfortable for them. how big is your tank? because they do will for tanks at least 55gal. relatively peaceful compare to other cichlids and can be host with peaceful to semi aggressive fish/cichlids. they don't get too big as well (<6or7inches) depending on the sex as males are bigger than the females. regular cichlid food should be fine. other food such as bloodworms are also welcome since they're not picky eaters

Also I was wondering can kribensis be kept with the blue regal. Just wondering because someone is giving them away and I didn't want to pass up the free offer. I could always split them up in my smaller tanks.

Also I was wondering can kribensis be kept with the blue regal. Just wondering because someone is giving them away and I didn't want to pass up the free offer. I could always split them up in my smaller tanks.

should be fine if you put them in a 55

They won't cross breed will they i don't want any messed up offspring.

Ok thank you I wonder if I should take them all ands keep some and sell the rest myself. The guy is getting rid of 30 of them. He has a few breeding pairs and I guess they all breed at the same time.

you can try, but if you put the blue regal peacock with the kribs together i suspect the peacock will try to eat the eggs and the frys, just like any fish would do. i would suggest a different tank if you want to breed kribs.

Back
Top Bottom