Decision: keep inherited tank communal, or go cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to find a good rock or something to balance out the right side.

Attachments

• 1456010211628.jpg
    1456010211628.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 65
Looks good! You could add 1-2 terra cotta pots turned on their sides behind the driftwood(in the back....)

The idea with the Rock is genius!

Thanks everybody. Its coming along, I think I'll add a black background soon. Do rams like the pots or something? I haven't done that before.

Yes the rams will like the pot. If you have a male and female and they like the conditions you keep them in, they may breed for you.

I use coconut shells as they look more natural in the tank. Just drill a hole in it big enough for them to get into and your done.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Black background always looks good!

Yup Rams like the pots, you can also get a coconut, it's cool too!

First you need a drill or a thick screwdriver, and poke/drill into one of the 3 holes at the top of the coco, then get the milk out into a cup (free snack!). Once most of the liquid is gone, you need some kind of a saw to cut it in half. Once it's in half, you have to remove the "meat" as it will rot. I use a flat screw driver..

Then to make a door, I use the saw to make 2 cuts | | then break it of.

This way you have 2 caves!

That's a good idea, it would be cool if they breed! I think they are too young to sex but I don't see a pink underbelly on either of them.

Get some close up pictures of the rams and post them. So people on here can help you out with the sex.

One of them does appear to be generally more colorful than the other

Attachments

• 1456113431855.jpg
    1456113431855.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 63
Are they golden rams?

You may need to wait till they are a little bigger to sex them. They seem to be very drab in colour. How long have they been in the tank?

Their colors are normally brighter than in the pictures, they seem to change in intensity a lot! I just got them yesterday they're probably still somewhat stressed and acclimating to their new environment and tank mates.
And yes I also thought they were too young to sex, I couldn't tell.

Does that one ever show its black dot on the side. If yes and the blue sheen goes threw the black dot it's female. Looks like a slight hint of pink on the belly too.

Those do look interesting, they almost look like a gold ram cross with a GBR! The way they are half yellow/half blue, but still brown...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom