Decision: keep inherited tank communal, or go cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does that one ever show its black dot on the side. If yes and the blue sheen goes threw the black dot it's female. Looks like a slight hint of pink on the belly too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Their colors are not extremely vibrant yet as they are babies, so it's hard to tell. I can say that the pink coloring on the ventral side is the pink part of the ventral fin, not on the actual belly. He/she just had the fin kind of tucked under in the picture.

Those do look interesting, they almost look like a gold ram cross with a GBR! The way they are half yellow/half blue, but still brown...

I guess there is a remote possibility that the fish store could have labeled the tank incorrectly, and the associate could have identified the wrong fish. But, there were also gold rams at the store that looked very different. From my observation in person, everything indicates that they're just German blue rams. They were already showing more blue coloring today and started to venture out of their claimed territory to explore the rest of the tank (y) They're cute little buggers.

I'd go with the original fish
1. You have limited experience, so at least go with more mellow cichlids like german blues.
2. If you have a clownie, they can help out. Very few cichlids do much good except as the ones who break up the fights.
3. Your supply of suitable cichlids is somewhat limited, as their temperament goes with their size.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply. As was discussed in some previous posts, I decided to stick with a community tank. I have 2 German Blue rams in the mix but that's the extent of the cichlids.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom