Decision time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
So Christmas is in 5 days, as am planning on a 29 gallon tank. I found a 34 gallon tank ( marineland)that is the same length but 6 in. Deeper(30x18x16). So I naturally switched to wanting that! I can't get longer due to space but deeper is alright. So now its the price. The 29 kit with everything plus a stand is $174.99
The 34 is $289.99 for tank, lights, and stand. The problem is the lights don't have the moonlight. Bummer.... But then a marineland 200b filter and 200w heater would be up to $358.99
So what do y'all think? And what could I add I the 34 to this?
1 pearl gourami
10 neon tetras
6 panda Cory's
6 emperor tetras
1 apisto agazi blue
1 German blue ram

if it were me i'd get the 29g i think of it as your paying almost 200.00 more for 5 more gallons
maybe it's just me though

Thanks, actually, it would be 274 for tank and stand so it would be like 85 dollers. Still, in not sure. I accidentally entered it wrong!

It may only be 5 more gallons but the footprint is roughly 50% bigger. I'd go with the 34g if it was me and I had the extra money.

I know, but the only 29 gallon tanks I've seen are oak trim with a plain oak trim, and I honestly hate oak. So now for the 34, what could I add the that stock if I got that? An angelfish, pictus catfish, school of tetras?

So I decided on a 29, so I went out to my lfs. They had a 29 for 129.99 ad a 37 for 149.99, which is the price of 29 at petsmart. So I got the 37 kit and a stand for $280.98
So I also had a conversation with a very knowledgeable employe( he's been keeping tanks for 33 years!) about stocking. So here's what we thought sounded good
8 neon tetras to start them Mabye getting to 12
6 rumynose tetras
1 German blue rams
1 apisto agazi blue
2 pearl gourami
4 panda Cory's
3 fancy guppys
1 angelfish
He said that if the neons are growing up with the angel they should be ok, is that true?

Hmmmm I think once the angel reaches its full size you might see a neon or two disappearing

Hmmmm I think once the angel reaches its full size you might see a neon or two disappearing

So would this work?
12 neon tetras
6 rumynose
4 panda tetras
1 apisto agazi blue
1 German blue ram
2 pearl gourami
And then 3 or 5 fancy guppies?

Back
Top Bottom