declorinator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I should do a poll but there are too many brands out there to list them all. What is your favorite water declorinator? I have been using Aqua Plus because it is the most readily available around here. But as I have been purchasing more things online as of late, I thought some recommendations would be in order. Pardon the pun. LOL

I've never used prime, i use aquaplus... but when i don't have extra cash i use the Tetra stuff from walmart

I highly recommend Seachem's Prime. It has worked well for me since I switched to it more than a year ago and a small amount goes a long way. I've also used Jungle's Start Right (which is what my LFS uses).

you say a little goes a long way, every dechlor i've ever used is 5 ml per 10 gallons of water... or soemting like that, how is the Prime measured?

I recommend Prime, too. But, I have used Amquel (not Amquel plus) and tetra without any problems.

gheitman said:
Seachem recommends using 1 ml of Prime per 10 gallons of water.

Not bad, but I've been using this stuff from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals called "Super Strength/Ultra Puissant (it's all in french too) Tap Water Conditioner" that says to add 0.625 ml per 10 gallons (one drop of the stuff).

I've had zero problems with it. I've barely made a dent in the small bottle I bought, and it was cheap, to boot. I see no point in ever getting anything else, if I ever manage to get through this portion. I think I bought it at PetSmart.

Yes Prime, Have had nothing but good luck with prime and in a pinch used it to detoxify ammonia, nitrite and nitrate like it says it will do on the bottle with absolutely awsome results. It detoxed the bad stuff in my tank when a double does of bio-spira didn't even touch it. Good luck.

Wardleys, its cheap, it works, I have used Wardleys forever, and they always send me free samples of their new products if I try them and give them my opinion. I don't like their new 3-in-1 conditioner though.

This Prime stuff is unbelievable how long it is going to last. I have a 5 gallon bucket for my water changes (20 gal tank) and measuring out 1/2 of a ml is impossible... since the threads inside the cap are approx. 1 ml apart. Even overdosing a 2x the rate it is going to take forever to go through this little 200ml bottle!

I consider this money well spent... too bad it followed some bottles of Stress Coat, Doc Wellfish's Aquarium Salt, and Cycle before I found these forums and the most excellent advice to be found here.

Back
Top Bottom