Decorations??? / Fake rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So other than rocks what type of Decorations do you like for Peacock Chichlids.

Is anyone using or have an opinion on the Ceramic "Cichlid Rocks" are they more for breeding or good for everyday Tank?

I personally like the Skull Mountain decorations. Check them out you can find them on amazon. They are rock like caverns with skulls on them

Waiting on some of the Cichlid rocks to arrive and am ready to start cycling

I was going to buy some of those cichlid ceramic rocks, just never got around to it. lol Prob will when I upgrade my tank.

Good Luck!

Carey, do you know anyone who is using them? I will let you know what happens or how I think the fish I eventually get, like them.

I haven't run across anybody, sorry. But they do look very cool. I was worried about them falling or breaking though. If you get them let us know. :)

Carey,

I think I saw some in Tim Wheatley's tank pic's. They Came in last night and I finally have water in my 55 gal and fired up the filters and bubble wall :) My family thought I lost my mind as I was staring into my fishless tank lol

Yep, I've been following his thread as well. They look pretty good. Waiting to hear if they fall or anything though. lol I'm doing a 125g upgrade for my cichlids and those are a definite I wanna have item. :)

I just put two cichlids rocks in my tank today. I wanted a couple extra hiding spots for the fish. So far, I'm pleased and the fish like exploring around them. Ken's Fish has good prices for the stones. They also sent a packet of their vitamin flakes, which my fish went nuts over. Fast shipping, too.

Lengelund, I got the two medium and one small package X 2. They look good and as they claim does not displace water like real rocks. When I finally put my fish in I will see how they do.
I ordered mine from Aquariumfish.net and paid $28.87 for both packs and shipping to the door.

Carey,

I dont know for sure how they would do with stacking I placed two groupings on the substrate with alot of other types of caves and holes. They seem light enough and break resistant.

Good price. I've seen them on ebay for alot more. I may pick up one or two, I'm only keeping 4 of my mbuna and I don't think the haps and peacocks go in there as much. Not too sure about that

I use these in my african tank and they are great.

I have 19 total.

I just ordered a 15 pack for $60 total.

5x smalls
8x mediums
2x large

Thought this was a good deal because lfs sells 2x medium and 1 small in a 3pk for $25

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

mdawg75 said:
WhiteWidow11

Where did you get yours from? thanks for the info.

Small LFS happens to sell them, but you might have to order online.
Even LFS had to order 15pk for me.

Kens fish has good pricing online.

I just got all my new stones in the tank, here's 1 example of the cichlid stones.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110401_122441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110401_122441.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 296
Back
Top Bottom