Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Tank is still very cloudy. Monday is a holiday here so hoping it clears tomorrow.

Cleaned up the floating leaves and replanted some plants that escaped but a lot of debris still in the water. Might have gotten carried away....

Organized to buy a dozen congo tetra which are good size (if these don't work that's it for tetras!). So hopefully have new fish soon!

Hope they do amazing, I would be so excited to actually see your school - they are such pretty fish, but I have never seen the adults displaying color in a comfortable environment. Only young ones at the fish store stressed.

Still very blah. Added Seachem Clarity yesterday but I think that means I just see larger particles floating around.

The left side has been largely re-planted. I've noticed the angelfish have spread out more but also can see each other better (not always a good thing perhaps).

74564-albums14486-picture70068.jpeg

On the right (below picture) is the Pogostemon pumilus with the little grass spears at the top of the plant. Never tried this so fingers crossed.

The ambulia has gone a muddy brown in places from the iron dosing so I think I'll stop specifically dosing that. (When ambulia does get near the light, the plant gets a very nice purple tinge but is not far off being pruned by that stage anyways).

74564-albums14486-picture70070.jpg

Right side of tank has been shifted around as well. Plants are holding well so I'll probably pull them up slightly in a few days. I'm surprised more haven't floated free. More red alt and java ferns :)

74564-albums14486-picture70069.jpeg

Looking nice. Water looks clear, wish my looked that clear

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it was worse but the filters are starting to clear it. Last night I dragged the net around to remove floating leaves and clean it up a bit.

Up close I have some problem plants but thank goodness the BBA is mainly gone. The red alt is getting curled leaves so going to try first just increasing potassium. Then try the calcium carbonate again. At least the leaves are changing over to red colour on the new growth.

I did add a lot of root tabs so I really need to double-check ammonia just in case. Today is a public holiday so some free time.

Hooked up the Seneye reef to check the light. Haven't done this for several months so it is still downloading stored readings (kind of like 99 bottles on the wall except slower, way slower).

Congo tetras are schooling this morning but still exploring and settling in. A few snaps before work.

74564-albums13177-picture70071.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70072.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70073.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70074.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70075.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! More colour to them this morning and seem settled. One is a little iffy so fingers crossed.

Light dosing ferts to help them adjust.

PAR reading of 37 (versus 41 two months ago) so not sure if bulb decay or murky water. Tempted to swap to new and more expensive bulbs to try out next weekend.

Pogo and ambulia still uprooting (or fish being particularly a pain). Might drag the ladder in again tonight to replant.

More boring readings:

Ph tank - 6.5 pretty much by test kit, ph probe and digital meter (a minor miracle) - with co2 on.

Ph tap - 7.7 to 7.8.

GH - 9 (January - 8).
KH - 5.5 (January - 6).
Cu - 0 (January - 0).

Ammonia - got a small reading. Suspect it was the root tabs.

Beautiful looking tetras! ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

So post more pretty pics.... lol!

Actually, is it doing a good job overall?

What are your thoughts about the Seneye after having it awhile?

? Did a small water change last night. I think one filter clean, adding a lot of fish and so much replanting has been too much for the tank. Looking forward to another water change on Saturday to remove more debris.

For large or multiple tanks I think the Seneye is good value for money. It does have an O2 meter on it as well as ph, temperature and ammonia but I know of nothing else so cheap that measures not only par but the light spectrum output.

In a deep tank using lights of unknown quality it's been very handy. I'd like to test bulb decay over time, spectrum shift with bulb decay and cheap vs expensive bulbs so if you are a test kit nerd like me it's all pretty interesting. ?

On the flip side getting the data to a computer can be a issue, the ph / ammonia test slides only last a month and the software is ok'ish.

Definitely keeps the local aquarium society bemused. If I bought it all again I'd go straight for the wifi connection so I could get readings directly on my phone with the Seneye app (and from there a small step to wifi video bwahaha).

For the SW tanks it is designed for, I'd suspect this would be seen as a small expense since I know of people with back-up generators for their tanks (mainly 6 or 8ft).

Yeah, some of those kind of tanks are the 3rd largest ownership a person has after the house and the cars ;)

The wifi is an option you can add on? Or get it with when you purchase?

Yeah, some of those kind of tanks are the 3rd largest ownership a person has after the house and the cars ;)

The wifi is an option you can add on? Or get it with when you purchase?

Too true!

Here the unit was $200. The wifi would be $300 extra but I looked back and had spent $150 on cheaper data transfer options anyways. If you have a laptop then problem solved for $0 so I must admit I think they are good with the data transfer options.

It's a shame that the 02 meter can't be swapped for a CO2 meter but oh well :)

I think I had seen it way back around the time I mentioned it on here, and it was around half price around $100-115 (maybe a sale probably over - don't know). Hmmmm?! Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom