Demansoni with solousi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm guessing since they look so similar, that any demansoni would terrorize the male solousi's. I see a male demansoni at my lfs that I am interested in getting since the colours on this fish is beautiful. But in the future I was planning to get a group of solousi and the male will look quite similar. Other fish I'll have are yellow labs, acei, rusty, and ice blue zebras.

Also, if anyone has seen demansoni and solousi males, what differences do they have in their appearance? Pictures online seem to make them look almost the same

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want demasoni, plan for 1, or plan for 12. There's no easy way to stock them in low numbers as they're conspecific aggression is quite intense. Personally, I'd leave demasoni out

Yeah I'd be keeping a single demansoni, if I did. But I'm thinking if the solousi will be a problem I should probably just wait for them instead. Might be a bit much for the labs anyways if he/she is an aggressive one. I just like as much diversity as possible

Try an all male tank if your sticking with mbuna. Like what was said stocking demasoni is a challenge and they will harass any fish even looks similar to them like solousi

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Even a single demasoni in a tank full of other mbuna is the devil incarnate and should be kept species only otherwise they end up murdering their tankmates. I'd hate to see what would happen to the solousi especially since their popularity has waned quite a bit making them much harder to find.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I figured it might be a bit much. Just the little guy I seen in the store had such vibrant colours at such a small size even lol was very tempting but in glad I passed it up. From what I remember he was chasing around fish in that tank so my little labs might not have had much fun with him

I had a single male and he stayed in his place and chased the lower ranked guys. I had different mbuna with my red zebra being top fish

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom