Depressed Gourami???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieChick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A couple weeks ago our Opaline Gourami went missing. :( He/she was seen just hours before and was perfectly healthy. There is never any major fighting between our fish (3 neons, now 3 gouramis, a rainbow shark and some ugly algae eaters), so I can't see the Opaline being attacked and devoured. After doing a complete water change he/she is still nowhere to be found. Anyway, the Opaline and our Gold gourami seemed pretty close to each other. They were both put in our 55g tank on the same day (around 2 years ago). Since the opaline went MIA the gold gourami has seemed actually depressed. It barely eats, is not active, and pretty much stays in the same spot 24/7. The water has been tested and is perfectly fine, the tank is not over stocked and all of the other fish are active and healthy. Is there any way to get him/her back to normal? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

i had a pair of pearl gouramis, of which the female died a few months ago, they had been together 2 yrs.the male had the same symptoms as yours hid away , nothing really wrong , just miserable, when we got a couple of mollies he seemed to be taken with them as they were a reasonable size and all the other fish were small. we are now looking for another female , about his size, he may get rough with asmall one, .give it time , he may get over it ,you didn' say if he was one of a pair.. if he was you may need to give him a grieving period and get him another friend, if he wasn't then hopefully he'll get over it and find another friend... hope it works out ok jackie :)

Back
Top Bottom