Desktop Aquarium question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ficklewinds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was given a brand new Fluval Chi 6.6 gallon aquarium that I decided would look nice at work. I figured the waterfall and the relaxing setup it provided would also help with stress LOL. I currently have it set up and the cycle started with a few live plants in some eco complete I had left. I figured this would be a good test run while the 36 gallon cycles and my house gets finished.

I was thinking about putting a single male betta in there, but my coworkers are all saying the tank is so big (I know that it's not) and that I need more than one fish. Eh..... I've done enough research that I really don't think it needs more than one betta, but just to keep them from annoying me about it all day..... Is there anything else I can put in there? Or are there other fish that would do okay in there other than a betta? Net is so full of contradicting information.

I had read that ghost shrimp would work and keep the bottom of the tank clean at least. I admit putting shrimp in would really amuse me, but how much work load would they add? Would I need a second filter for a betta and some shrimp?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Apple snails do pretty well with male bettas.

As for shrimp I have heard 4 inchs of shrimp per gallon. They have a very tiny bio-load. I would suspect that you wouldn't see them during the day however because depending on the betta's personality he may attack them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom