Determining the right food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone. I currently have a 56 gallon fresh tank that I'm slowly stocking. The tank is fully cycled, too. I currently have about 25-30 neons (little bastards are hard to count) and about a week ago I added two pearl gouramis. The pearls have been incredibly shy since I got them and have basically hung out at the bottom of the tank near the back where there is plenty of cover. My concern is that they haven't really been eating since I purchased them. I feed the neons Omega One flakes and they devour it like it was their last meal, but the pearls don't really come out of hiding to eat it. I tried some frozen bloodworms the other day and one of the pearls came out a little to eat, but I had to put the food in the back of the tank after I fed the neons. So, I'm wondering what the best solution is. Should I go for sinking pellets? Feed more flakes so more gets to the bottom? Try live food? Any advice is welcomed!

This one is a bit of a tuffy! I would at least try sinking pellets and if they dont take it then I would just wait because they are still getting used to there new home also. Once they are used to the tank they will come out more and be more social. I wouldnt keep the lights on too long in the day because that tends to scare new fish. Hope I helped

Give them time. It took about a week for my new angelfish to start coming out. All he did was hide in the back behind plants. Now he's the first one to the top when it's feeding time!

Thanks, guys. I was hoping it would just take time. I'll keep the lights to a minimum and maybe try some sinking food.

Back
Top Bottom