Diary of the 10G GBR/Bolivian Grow-Out Tank w/pics 7/22/06..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week gone by, so here's new pics.....

10g58.jpg

10g59.jpg

10g60.jpg

10g61.jpg

10g62.jpg

Other tank shots:
10g63.jpg

Pearling - They are directly under the 10W bulb:
10g64.jpg

10g65.jpg

10g66.jpg

10g67.jpg

10g68.jpg

Babies again:
10g69.jpg

10g70.jpg

gorgeous man, and they are on flake now? I hope that my attemps at breeding go as well when I getm y female GBRs

Have you had any luck having mroe eggs? MY GBRs where breeding every other week, a few hours after the PWCs

Jarred Darque said:
gorgeous man, and they are on flake now? I hope that my attemps at breeding go as well when I getm y female GBRs

Have you had any luck having mroe eggs? MY GBRs where breeding every other week, a few hours after the PWCs

No flake food yet. Still fairly small. I'm feeding them Hikari First Bites. What I do is dip my finger in the tank water, wipe a little of the water off, and touch the food in the small bag so some sticks to my finger and dip my finger in the water again. It usually puts too much into the water, but it's ok. Got to feed the snails too, right? lol.

Also, I thought I only had 8 as well. But last night I was able to count 9. :)

Man there looking great. the bolvines or really showing that trade mark dorsal now aren't they?

Well, I only thought I had 8, then yesterday I counted 9, then this morning I counted 10, and decided to recount, and counted 11. LOL. Boy do they like hiding, lol. The plants make it hard to count, lol. But when I fed them this morning, they started coming out and I was suprised at counting 11. LOL

Well, now I know who the bully is, lol. One of the biggest Bolivians tries to hog the food, lol. He bolts at any others that are trying to eat in his area, lol. Typical Bolivians, lol.

8O wow! Those are some awesome pics! I really like the second last pic of the two GBRs.

What kind of heater is that? I got one that looks just like it in a kit, but there wasn't any paperwork with it. I didn't know it was completely submersible.

Well, another week gone by. Here's more pics, as usual....

Can you guess what I'm addicted to more, the fish or the camera? LOL

10g71.jpg

10g72.jpg

10g73.jpg

10g74.jpg

10g75.jpg

10g76.jpg

10g77.jpg

10g78.jpg

10g79.jpg

10g80.jpg

10g81.jpg

10g82.jpg

10g83.jpg

10g84.jpg

10g85.jpg

10g86.jpg

10g87.jpg

I wish I had the camera mastered, lol. Would like to learn how to use it on all the manual settings to get even better pics. It's the Nikon D70s Digital SLR with the 18-70mm lens.

Hehe, good question, lol....

Now I'm wondering how long to wait til they are big enough to add them to the big tank with the others, lol.

Well, new update. Today was the first day I fed real Cichlid Flake Food. And they seem to love the stuff. Now I no longer need to depend on First Bites. They sure are growing, and the GBR's are getting a nice pattern on their sides. The Bolivians haven't changed much though. And the Bully GBR, well, he's got the darkest black line down the side of his head through his eyes. So cool to watch these little guys grow. It's been quite the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom