Diary of the 29G planted tank... New pics 4/28/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap........it's so cramped for room it's jumping to the other tank! :lol:

29g280.jpg

That is crazy growth, plants from one tank to the other! You will have enough stuff to plant ten tanks when you get a chance to trim! How are the fert levels, anything bottomed out? Have you been dosing?

Glenc said:
That is crazy growth, plants from one tank to the other! You will have enough stuff to plant ten tanks when you get a chance to trim! How are the fert levels, anything bottomed out? Have you been dosing?

Actually, I haven't been dosing much at all. It's been a week since I did any dosing. And my only algae is some green algae on the glass and the slower growing plants. But it isn't much.

That's some crazy growth! The pic of the sword runner "jumping" to the other tank is priceless! :)

I love the thick group of Hydrocotyle verticillata. I have some too but I have only enough room for a single runner.

Did you ever get your Bacopa caroliniana to flower on the emersed growth? I've seen pictures of the flower. It's purple - my favorite color! I don't have the right light setup for emersed growth. Plus I keep my tank top closed, lol!

8O 8O Holy crap is right! Are the fish able to move around anymore. :p Seriously, you need to mow that tank and send me the clippings. :)

Looks great!

8O I'm surprised the sides of the tank aren't bulging out. What are you gonna do with all that??

your tank is out of control. maybe i should try your methods of neglect and see if my plants will grow lol. your fish must be lost in there.

Well, I just got done cleaning half the tank. I'm not making the same mistake I made a while back when I cleaned my 75G, and lost several fish due to doing too much at once. Since I had so much plants, I really didn't have much of a biofilter, and when I severely changed the number of plants, I had a major spike in water parameters. But anyways, here's a couple pics. Once I do the left side of the tank, I'm replanting a baby sword, as well as maybe 1 or 2 crypts. The rest of the crypts are being moved to my 55G.

29g300.jpg

29g301.jpg

29g302.jpg

And here's updated pics of my 10G. It was so full that the plants were stuck to the florescent bulbs. Took me a long time to get the bulbs clean, as the plants were caked onto the bulbs.

10g187.jpg

10g188.jpg

And my pearling java.....
29g303.jpg

29g304.jpg

Now that things are looking better, any thoughts of adding a beta to my 10G? He'd be the only fish in the tank.....

I got 2 betas today, lol. One for the 10G, and one for my 5.5G crypt/java fern tank. The one in the 5.5G is solid red, and the other is multi-colored. I believe both are crown betas, males. Will get pics when they become more comfy with their homes. :)

I love your background idea with the Stone Creations. I now have an idea for my next tank. I used this spray on some lamp bases last year but never thought about it for my tank. Your tank set up is looking really great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom