Diatom Pole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please choose all that Apply to tanks you have owned or have seen.

• I have never had Brown Diatom Algae in a tank with no light fixture or Direct Sunlight.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I have had Brown Diatom Algae in a tank with no light fixture or Direct Sunlight.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I have never had Brown Diatom Algae in a tank that has not had fish added yet.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I have had Brown Diatom Algae in a tank that has not had fish added yet.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

jarrod0987

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have noticed over the years that every new system goes through an initial stage of Brown Diatom Algae. Hardly news. What I am pondering today is when it starts. I always fish-less cycle. It seems like the Diatoms are not triggered until after I add my fish. However, I usually don't run the light until after I add the fish too. I would like to take a poll please. Multiple answers are allowed.

Not allowed to vote even on web view on mobile.

But I did experience diatoms in my 75g during my Fishless cycle. Where the tank was originally placed it got sunlight for 1-2 hours in the afternoon. It's since been moved.

Caleb

Not allowed to vote even on web view on mobile.

But I did experience diatoms in my 75g during my Fishless cycle. Where the tank was originally placed it got sunlight for 1-2 hours in the afternoon. It's since been moved.

Caleb

Excellent Feed back. Thank You. I don't know why you can't vote. Maybe email a mod?

Hmmm....I just voted and it displayed no errors or messages. I'm using the mobile app* on an iPhone. Switched to web view. Options presented. Check. Vote.
* not sure of the app version

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just cycled a planted with lights on and it developed diatoms
Fishless btw

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom